Strictly Come Dancing | Halloween Week
Halloween night on Strictly Come Dancing saw :
- Bruno Timewalk with the pro dancers
- Darcey & Len scratch their way to the judges desk
- Past Strictly contestants Kara, Kimberley, Lisa and Louis in the audience
- Patrick & Anya Quickstep their way through a strong character -led dance that saw Len “bewitched, bothered and bewildered”
- Fiona & Anton’s scarecrow Charleston was slow and heavy with poor timing and earned them a comment from Bruno “it was like Halloween at Doris Day’s house”
- Ben’s bare-chested Paso Doble distracted Craig, who said his dance with Kristina was “full of power and machismo, that’s for sure” and Len “was hoping for fireworks. But unfortunately there were no fireworks. It was an explosion!”
- Sophie & Brenda Jived without enough impact for Len and Darcey commented on Sophie’s technique “your knees are bent al the way through. That’s the only thing that was letting you down”
- Natalie & Artem had the dance of the night, literally dripping with beauty from tip to toe. Bruno called their dance “magic” and Darcey said “I expect so much from you and you never disappoint” with a routine that scored the first two 10’s of the series and an overall score of 38
- Mark & Iveta’s Disco-Doble wasn’t quite what the judges were looking for, content-wise, but Darcey said “the entertainment was all there” and Len said “Houston we have a problem here. Long on performance but short on technique”
- Rachel & Pasha’s American Smooth put her back in the running and she had the best costume of the night – a dress draped in cobwebs. Craig said “welcome back, Darling. Back in the competition” and Bruno said “the zombie bride has found her mojo,”earning them their highest score to date of 30
- Ashley & Ola dance a fierce Tango with Darcey commenting “I’m really attracted to the evil Ashley” and Len said “if you want to shine, you have to polish. Small details to polish up”
- Abbey & Aljaz’s Rhumba earned them one word from Craig : “impressive” but Darcey wants smoother transitions but said “the chemistry is brilliant”
- Bruno commented on Dave & Karen’s Jive, “it was a soft shoe shuffle of mashed potatoes but, as such, the jive was non-existent” and Len said of Dave, “you were like a Cumberland sausage chasing the mustard”
- Suzanna & Kevin’s Charleston earned them praise from Darcey, “you always go for it” and from Len, “good technique. Plenty of tricks and plenty of treats”
Live show photographs © BBC Pictures. Strictly, no unauthorised reproduction.
Tonight’s Strictly details :
Ashley and Ola will be performing the Tango to Ne-Yo’s ‘Beautiful Monster’
Patrick and Anya will be Quickstepping to ‘Man With the Hex’ by Atomic Fireballs
Abbey and Aljaz will Rumba to ‘Stay’ by Shakespeare’s Sister.
Rachel and Pasha will dance the American Waltz to ‘I Put a Spell on You’ by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins.
Dave and Karen will be Jiving to Bobby Boris Picket’s ‘Monster Mash’.
Fiona and Anton will perform the Charleston to Al Donahue’s ‘Jeepers Creepers’.
Sophie and Brendan Jive to ‘Maneater’ by Hall and Oates.
Mark and Iveta will perform the Paso Doble to Sarah Brightman’s ‘I Lost My Heart to a Starship Trooper’
Susanna and Kevin will Charleston to Creedance Clearwater Revival’s ‘Bad Moon Rising’.
Ben and Kristina will dance the Paso Doble to Muse’s ‘Supermassive Black Hole’.
Natalie and Artem will perform the Viennese Waltz to Natalie Duncan’s ‘Devil In Me’
Strictly So Far
Dress rehearsal photographs © BBC Pictures. Strictly, no unauthorised reproduction.