Strictly Come Dancing 2013 | The first live show – Friday night/week one part one
All the photos from the rehearsal and the live show
I hope you like these new Strictly themed illustrations from Berenice Berelli. We have been collaborating for a while & I’m offering you the chance to buy new illustrations every week based on the shows. You can see how the illustrations are made (by hand) and the full range by visiting Berenice’s website, Ballet Papier.
So, it’s that time of year again. Autumn and Strictly. Sequins and stress. Tonight was the first of the live shows, with roughly half of the celebrities dancing the routines they’ve been practicing for the last three weeks since the launch show. So how was it ?
- A bumper weekend of ballroom
- Ashley & Ola are first to take to the floor with a Cha Cha which was an accomplished opening with “completely feral” footwork according to judge Craig Revel-Horwood
- Tony Jacklin revealed his inner Fred Astaire “skipping like a light-footed hare” according to Bruno Tonioli
- Mark Benton turns jewellery thief in his Tango routine with Iveta
- Reid all about it ! Jiving Susannah & Kevin may have borrowed the BBC Breakfast sofa but they shook their tail feathers and sold the dance confidently and with style. “Chicken soup to the eyes” according to Len Goodman.
- Sophie & Brendan elegantly Waltzed through a lilting & beautiful Breakfast at Tiffany’s in moody sparkling silver with Sophie’s mother Janet Ellis in the audience
- Fiesty Natalie & Artem Cha Cha at some speed across the dance floor and followed through with a trick or two with brilliance and attitude and they lead the scoreboard with 31
All photography © BBC Pictures. Strictly, no unauthorised reproduction.
Over Friday and Saturday the contestants dance :
Abbey and Aljaz Waltz to ‘Kissing You’ by Des’ree.
Ashley and Ola perform the Cha Cha to ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ by One Direction.
Ben and Kristina Cha Cha to John Newman’s ‘Love Me Again’.
Dave and Karen Cha Cha. Their song is ‘Moves Like Jagger’ by Maroon 5.
Deborah and Robin Tango to Abba’s ‘Money Money Money’.
Fiona and Anton Tango to Duran Duran’s ‘View To A Kill’.
Julien and Janette Cha Cha to Madonna’s ‘Vogue’.
Mark and Iveta Tango to ‘Hernando’s Hideaway’ by Alma Cogan.
Natalie and Artem Cha Cha to ‘Rasputin’ by Boney M.
Patrick and Anya Jive to Bruno Mars’ ‘Runaway Baby’.
Rachel and Pasha Waltz to Luther Vandross’ version of ‘When I Need You’.
Susannah and Kevin Jive to ‘Shake Your Tailfeather’ by Blues Brothers.
Sophie and Brendan Waltz to ‘Moon River’ by Audrey Hepburn.
Tony and Aliona Waltz to ‘What’ll I Do’ by Alison Krauss.
Vanessa and James Cha Cha to Shania Twain’s ‘That Don’t Impress Me Much’.