Ballet NEWS | Sky Arts follow Scottish Ballet behind the scenes

Luke Ahmet and William Smith in William Forsythe’s Workwithinwork. Photograph by Andrew Ross

For all those of you who have been fascinated by the way that dancers prepare their pointe shoes, here is a fascinating 7 minute video from Sky Arts, who have followed Scottish Ballet behind the scenes as they prepare for their 40th Anniversary Tour.

You can also see the Gyrotonics machine in action !

I have reviewed the London section of the tour here.

, , ,

9 Responses to Ballet NEWS | Sky Arts follow Scottish Ballet behind the scenes

1. CelticWoman October 6, 2009 at 11:54 am #

that was amazing thank you so much for sharing. Sandi

2. Couture Cookie October 6, 2009 at 11:56 am #

How lovely this photograph is… and the video reminds me of all the crazy things I used to do to my shoes – more or less successfully. 😀

3. Elise October 6, 2009 at 12:12 pm #

CelticWoman – I thought so too !Couture Cookie – it's good to actually see what the dancers so with their shoes isn't it ? So many people express surprise that they need to do so much to them, though you are an expert I'm sure … I feel a post about shoes coming soon….

4. KnockKnocking October 6, 2009 at 2:08 pm #

What a graceful photo. I love it!xoxo Agnes

5. Cheryl October 6, 2009 at 3:25 pm #

That video was amazing, beautiful and so wild what they do with their shoes. I am going to tell my sister-in-law about this because they just moved to Scotland for a year and her girls LOVE ballet. It is so interesting to me to see what goes on in other countries, things we normally don't hear about. Thank you for sharing this.

6. Adele October 6, 2009 at 8:50 pm #

Brilliant film, it's great to see what goes on in the background to have a better understanding of the Ballet world.Adele

7. Pavithra October 8, 2009 at 3:18 am #

That was amazing…interesting post.

8. Kristin October 8, 2009 at 6:10 pm #

It amazes me, the gorgeous lines that they make with their bodies!

9. Elise October 11, 2009 at 4:25 pm #

KnockKnocking – thank youCheryl – welcome and thank you for your comments and for forwarding my link to your sister-in-law.Adele – thanks – I agree !Pavithra – thank youKristin – I know what you mean – that's years of hard work for you though !!