English National Ballet School has announced that Samira Saidi, Director of Dance will be leaving the School at the end of this summer term in July. Her departure marks the end of five years at the School, during which the School has maintained an average 95% graduate employment rate in a range of national and international ballet for its emerging dancers. Destinations include English National Ballet as well as the Royal Ballet, Birmingham Royal Ballet, Northern and Scottish Ballet. International and European companies include; Stuttgart Ballet, Bayerisches Staatsballet, Australian Ballet and Houston Ballet to name a few.
Samira has overseen the development of an extremely successful choreographic programme which has been instrumental in the emergence of young talent producing several works that have met with critical acclaim. Following on in this vein, Samira has established a strong link with several established and emerging choreographers to create work for the School’s summer repertoire, again receiving praise from dance critics. Samira’s attendance as a judge at major ballet competitions including Prix de Lausanne, Youth America Grand Prix and Japan Grand Prix has also been instrumental in raising the School’s profile internationally. She has also played a key role in a hard-working and dedicated School team that has delivered an “Outstanding” grade for ENBS from Ofsted – the only vocational school to maintain this rating since inspections began.
Chair Steve Sacks said ‘It has been a great pleasure working with Samira over these years. She had done a terrific job whilst at the School and we wish her all the very best in her future endeavours’.
English National Ballet School are relocating to Canning Town in 2019, sharing a new fit-for-purpose building with English National Ballet. The relocation will give students a brand-new space that fully supports their training and offers a wonderful opportunity for them to learn the profession from and be inspired by the Company first-hand.
English National Ballet School, official school of English National Ballet
- We are the official School of English National Ballet with one third of the Company’s dancers having graduated from the School
- We offer a 3 year diploma in Professional dance accredited by Trinity College, London
- Our current body of 72 comprises of students from 12 countries including Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Czech Republic, US, Italy, Spain, France, Japan
- We are the peer of major ballet schools in France, the United States, Denmark and the UK and many of our graduated students are now working in major ballet companies worldwide
- We audition over 300 young dancers each year from all over the world and award places purely on talent
- We are the only Dance specialist DaDA (Dance and Drama Award) school to consistently achieve Outstanding from Ofsted since inspections began in 2002 and we maintain a strong employment record
- Open to all without audition ENBS Juniors offer high quality, weekly ballet classes to children aged 3 – 10 years