The Royal Ballet Principal Mara Galeazzi & A Gala for Africa

With children very much in our minds following the many, many orphans highlighted in the aftermath of the Haitian disaster, I wanted to remind everyone about Royal Ballet Principal Mara Galeazzi’s determined work for children in Africa, and the Gala next month. In my original post, Mara has left a comment thanking you all for the interest you’ve shown so far and saying how important this is to her.

Here is an exclusive photograph from the rehearsals – I think you’ll agree it’s looking very good !

Mara Galeazzi and Gary Avis rehearsing for A Gala For Africa

Here are the details again :

I know that you will all want to support such a great cause, and I look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.  Perhaps we should arrange interval drinks – and a quick chat with Mara ?  Let me know your thoughts please.

, , , , ,

9 Responses to The Royal Ballet Principal Mara Galeazzi & A Gala for Africa

1. phonelady January 20, 2010 at 12:51 pm #

Thanks for the updates on the ballet and I love it . Thank you for sharing and posting .

2. sas January 20, 2010 at 1:31 pm #

we have been looking for an excuse to attend saddlers wells! this looks fantastic.

3. CelticWoman January 20, 2010 at 2:14 pm #

great update, it definitely is looking grand. Sandi

4. Elise January 20, 2010 at 2:37 pm #

phonelady – thankyou. I hope you will be able to make the performance – especially if we can get a group together !sas – Excellent news. Really look forward to meeting you if you are able to get tickets. CelticWoman – thank you. I agree, it's shaping up to be a fantastic show with really great dancers.

5. Sassy Scribbles January 20, 2010 at 2:45 pm #

yup agree!'looking very intense and in superb form…and that's just the rehearsals!^^ and an amazing cause too!

6. Inspiration in Italy January 20, 2010 at 2:59 pm #

Oh this seriously looks stunning. I have so much respect for such a beautiful and prestigious art….love reading about this.Thank you so much for adding me to your blog list, and I am adding you as well right now! xoxoRachel

7. pve design January 20, 2010 at 3:23 pm #

This is what I love, when dancers, artists perform and give passionately for a worthy cause. Somehow it has so much more meaning.Wishing I could attend.pve

8. Charli and me January 21, 2010 at 2:34 am #

Stunning photo's. What a wonder cause.

9. Elise January 22, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

Sassy Scribbles – hope to see you there as it's for such a good cause !Inspiration in Italy – thank you ! Inspiration all round I think…pve design – I know, I wish so to.Charli and me – that's too true !