Ballet NEWS | Builders swap trowels for tutu’s

This clip has just arrived – trust me, it’s worth watching !

Builders working on the new home of Northern Ballet, spent the day learning what it takes to be a ballet dancer. They’ve raised a lot of money for charity in the process.

, ,

33 Responses to Ballet NEWS | Builders swap trowels for tutu’s

1. My Passport to Style September 17, 2009 at 9:16 pm #

Great fun, sometimes we need to laugh, what brilliant guys! Elsie you bring us such diverse posts bravo! Sharon xx http://mypassporttostyle.blogspot.com

2. Elise September 17, 2009 at 9:20 pm #

Sharon – I know what you mean ! Real sports. Actually I love the bright leggings and the sparkly tutu's – good on them for having a go for charity – they don't look toooooo bad…..

3. Aunt Spicy September 17, 2009 at 9:43 pm #

Hilarious! Totally brought a smile to my face! And I just adore your blog, it speaks to the 6 year old ballet dancer inside of me (who sadly lost out to the 6 year old swimmer inside of me).

4. phonelady September 17, 2009 at 10:04 pm #

that is just great of those guys to do that and take part in that . those are real men and god bless them . thanks for sharing and posting this .

5. Maggie May September 17, 2009 at 10:12 pm #

I really enjoyed that clip and it is all in a good cause. One days training though……….Thanks for visiting me!

6. Just Breathe September 17, 2009 at 10:23 pm #

That was very entertaining.

7. Hand Knitted Things September 17, 2009 at 10:24 pm #

Nice to see this group showing their "feminine side"!

8. blushing rose September 17, 2009 at 10:36 pm #

Good for them … cute … chuckle! TTFN ~Marydon

9. Chemin des Muguets September 17, 2009 at 10:43 pm #

Elise,BRAVO! That is tu tu cute! Great that they could make some money, and have some fun with it tu. MarjorieP.S. I have added a few dance-related touches to my blog.

10. DolceDreams September 17, 2009 at 11:30 pm #

What fun! Bravo to these men 🙂 Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog!Have a lovely day, Nathalie

11. Diana Evans September 18, 2009 at 2:18 am #

oh what fun!!! this is priceless!! what a wonderful blog!!!

12. Bonnie, Original Art Studio September 18, 2009 at 2:40 am #

Elise: What an adorable post. These men were very brave! Probably quite an eye-opener for them. Thanks – I'm leaving smiling!!

13. Victoria September 18, 2009 at 3:43 am #

Hi! I don't know how you found my blog, but I'm glad you did. I love dance myself and will probably catch up on several of your recent posts. The guys in this vid didn't do too badly! Made me laugh. Visit again soon!

14. Petergaye S. Kisielewicz/ Yahgie September 18, 2009 at 4:59 am #

So funny. Love the outfit those guys are fun.

15. Josie-Mary September 18, 2009 at 5:33 am #

Very funny!!Thanks for leaving a comment about my big knit post. Are you joining in? I need more people, very disappointed by the turn out :(If you have any knitting friends please feel free to pass them my way 🙂

16. noomiedoodlesfashion September 18, 2009 at 6:22 am #

hahhaa so cool..

17. Fiona Robyn September 18, 2009 at 6:36 am #

Hello Elise – thanks for dropping by a handful of stones – if you ever fancy sending me a submission I'd be glad to have one.Warmest, Fiona

18. Aledys Ver September 18, 2009 at 7:31 am #

That was a great gesture. I loved their tutus and I have to say, they're not too bad, no!! Thanks for sharing this!

19. C September 18, 2009 at 10:54 am #

Thank you, Elise, for your comment on my writing. I appreciate it. :)In my heart, I am a ballerina! 🙂 So you can imagine how happy I am to have come across your blog! :)Although, in this photo, I do not see much of a real ballerina…haha! :)-Charity

20. Janine September 18, 2009 at 11:21 am #

Dear Elise, thank you for stopping at my blog.That is a cool picture you posted. And this clip is awesome.

21. CelticWoman September 18, 2009 at 11:49 am #

priceless, thanks for sharing. Sandi

22. Angela Recada September 18, 2009 at 12:25 pm #

This is wonderful! I'm picturing my husband in a tutu after watching this, so I'm still chuckling.:0)

23. Greet September 18, 2009 at 1:37 pm #

Hi Elise,I gave the address of your blog to my niece who is 11 years old and a ballet danser! So I think you win a follower of your blog!Greet

24. Lola Lynn September 18, 2009 at 1:37 pm #

What a lot of fun and with a good result. Thanks for sharing.

25. Amy Arnaz September 18, 2009 at 2:24 pm #

Elise,Now THAT is superb! A combination of pure fun & purpose. Love the Spirit. Thank you…Amy Arnaz

26. Lisa September 18, 2009 at 4:28 pm #

hahah, this is hilarious! Loving the outfits!

27. corine@ hidden in france September 18, 2009 at 4:30 pm #

I love guys who are man enough to wear a tutu!

28. Vintage Me New You September 18, 2009 at 5:04 pm #

This was so much fun to watch:)Hope you are doing great!xoxo,Gia!

29. Debbie September 18, 2009 at 7:19 pm #

Love it!! Thanks for sharing!

30. Em-illi September 19, 2009 at 8:27 am #

It was sooo funny:) And… just great. World shoud be more fun! And people should try new things and be just happy and easy about it. Have a nice day!

31. truestarr September 19, 2009 at 12:22 pm #

[giggle] How charming! Thanks for sharing it!

32. Elise September 19, 2009 at 3:12 pm #

Aunt Spicy – Thank you for the lovely compliment, good to see you herephonelady – I agree – good on them !Maggie may – I know – but one day is better than noneJust Breathe – certanly was !Hand Knitted Things – indeed !blushing rose – I agree with youChemn des Muguets – They are lovely, thank youDolceDreams – welcome and thank youDiana Evans – thank you so much, good to see you hereBonnie – that's great to hear – thank you !Victoria – they did do well didn't they ?Petergaye – I thought they were great tooJosie-Mary – Not me I'm afraid, though I am mean with the needles I'd need two extra pairs of hands to find the time right now ! Sorry. Thanks for your comment & welcomenoomiedoodlesfahsion – thank youFiona Robyn – thank youAledys Ver – I agree, thanksC – Delighted to see you here, hope you continue to enjoy !Janine – isn't it ?CelticWoman – you are most welcomeAngela Recada – Well now that is a picture I think you should share….Greet – I hope to see your niece here very soon then. Thank you for your comment & welcome to you bothLola Lynn – you are welcome, and thank youAmy Arnaz – thank youLisa – the outfits are great aren't they ? I wouldn't say no…corine – exactlyVintage Me New You – thank youDebbie – you are welcome, thank youEm-illi – thank youtruestarr – thank you !!

33. Pavithra September 24, 2009 at 5:24 pm #

Wow awesome clicks and dance.. looks fantastic.